One pan meals like this recipe here, are an absolute life-saver on week nights. We here at Ladies Club Singapore find this recipe especially appealing because there might not even be a need to wash the pan as well. Wrap it up with aluminium foil before placing the ingredients on the pan. Then all you have to do is remove it and throw the aluminium foil!
I like to season and marinate the chicken and potatoes in the morning, to let the flavours marry and intensify. However, the seasoning of the chicken and potatoes can be done right before you are ready to bake it. It can also be done directly on the pan itself, saving you another mixing bowl to wash. The whole recipe utilized the oven to cook, and requires the same amount of time to cook. Therefore, it frees you the time and effort from slaving over a hot stove. Take a shower, sit back, wind down, and just wait for the oven buzzer to go off.
Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
4 Skin on, bone-in chicken legs, pat dry
6 small potatoes (Granola Potatoes), washed & quartered
1 yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C. (Top & bottom heat, no fan-force)
- Mix rosemary, oregano, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and oil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, onion, and potatoes into bowl.
- Toss to coat.
- Lay everything out onto a large baking dish.
- You can rest the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on middle rack for an hour, uncovered.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with chopped cilantro.